RQConf_PartnerLoginUrl RQConf_CheckUrl

The Charter of the French language and its regulations govern the consultation of English-language content.

409 – Foreign tax credit (Schedule E)

You can claim a foreign tax credit on your business or non-business income if you meet both of the following conditions:

  • You were resident in Québec on December 31, 2023, or on the day you ceased to reside in Canada in 2023.
  • You paid, on the income in question, income tax to the government of a foreign country or of a political subdivision of a foreign country, or you paid a similar contribution to certain international organizations.

Your foreign tax credit on non-business income cannot exceed the result of the following calculation: the total foreign income tax paid on your non-business income, minus the foreign tax credit granted by the Canada Revenue Agency on that income.

The foreign income tax paid on non-business income may be shown in box G of your RL-3 slip, box 17 of your RL-15 slip, box L of your RL-16 slip or box H of your RL-25 slip.

Foreign income tax paid on business income may be shown in box 18 of your RL-15 slip or box K of your RL-16 slip.

Form to enclose

Enclose a separate copy of form TP-772-V, Foreign Tax Credit, for each country to which you paid income tax.

Note End of note

One mission. Concrete actions.

Read all about how we work to support and inform you. Our vision and values guide us as we carry out our role.

Veuillez patienter