In most cases, if you do business in Québec, your business must be registered with Revenu Québec and it must meet its obligations regarding consumption taxes.
Click the links below to find out about the consumption taxes that apply to your commercial activities and the rules regarding registration for the tax files in order to calculate, collect, report and remit these taxes:
- GST/HST and QST
- Tobacco Tax
- Fuel Tax
- International Fuel Tax Agreement (IFTA), if you are providing interprovincial or international passenger of freight transportation services
- Specific Tax on Alcoholic Beverages
- Tax on Lodging
- Specific Duty on New Tires
- Tax on Insurance Premiums
- Tax on the Pari-Mutuel
- Municipal Tax for 9-1-1 Service
Other obligations may apply depending on your activities. Refer to the section of our website that corresponds to your sector of activity for more information.