Registering as a Partner
Registration procedures vary according to the type of partner. See below for the registration information that applies to you.
The following natural or legal persons seeking to develop or adapt products that meet our requirements can become product development partners:
- developers of commercial products;
- developers of non-commercial products;
- financial institutions that adapt or develop products for transmitting data to us;
- government departments and public bodies that adapt or develop products for transmitting data to us.
To become a product development partner, you must:
- read whichever of the following documents applies to you:
- use the online registration service Inscription d'une entreprise à titre de partenaire (available in French only);
- complete and mail us whichever of the following forms applies to you:
Once you have registered online and we have received your form, we will check whether you meet all the requirements to become a partner. Once your registration has been accepted, we will email you a user code, which will allow you to access:
- the documents for partners specific to the field of activity for which you wish to register your products;
- My Account for partners to add resource people and register your products.
The email will also contain the procedure for creating your temporary password, which is required to access My Account for partners the first time.
My Account for partners is a personalized online space that is only for product developers registered as partners. It allows them to manage their files in a secure and confidential manner. If product developer partners want to take full advantage of all the services offered in My Account, they must keep their files up to date, including the information about their business, their products and their contact persons.
See My Account for partners for more information. To directly access the space, click the button below or the one in the upper right-hand corner of your screen.
For authorization to act as a sales recording module (SRM) installer in Québec restaurant establishments, you must follow the registration and authorization procedures below.
You must first:
- register for clicSÉQUR – Entreprises (the Québec government's authentication service);
- complete, sign and file form VD-350.56.IN-V, Application for Authorization to Act as an SRM Installer.
In addition, you must meet all the requirements set out in the Act respecting the Québec sales tax listed in Part 6 of form VD-350.56.IN-V.
The public has a right to expect the highest level of integrity from a person holding such an authorization; therefore, we ensure:
- that you have filed all the returns required under Québec tax laws;
- that you have paid all amounts owed to the Minister of Revenue of Québec, unless a payment agreement has been concluded or the recovery of the debt has been legally suspended.
If, once your application has been processed, we find that you meet the requirements outlined above, we will authorize you to act as an SRM installer. In addition, we will mail you a user code for accessing the documents reserved for authorized installers on our website.
IBM Canada, the company responsible for supplying SRMs, will contact you to explain how you can acquire them.
If, however, we decline your application for authorization, we will send you a letter explaining why.
If, as a promoter, trustee or mandatary, you wish to register as a Revenu Québec partner in the Québec education savings incentive (QESI) field of activity, follow the steps given below.
- Email us at DGPIQEE@revenuquebec.ca, the address reserved for promoters, trustees and mandataries, to request the following documents:
- Convention relative à l'incitatif québécois à l'épargne-études – Fiduciaire (SW-12), if you want to register as a trustee (trustees whose head office is outside Québec can also request the Québec Education Savings Incentive Agreement: Trustee (SW-12-V);
- Convention relative à l'incitatif québécois à l'épargne-études – Promoteur (SW-13), if you want to register as a promoter (promoters whose head office is outside Québec can also request the Québec Education Savings Incentive Agreement: Promoter (SW-13-V);
- Guide du fiduciaire – Incitatif québécois à l'épargne-études (IQEE) (IN-875) (you can also request the courtesy translation of this guide, IN-875-T);
- Request for Direct Deposit: Registered Education Savings Plan Trustees (LM-5-V);
- Authorized Resource Persons Registration Form: Québec Education Savings Incentive (SW-35-V);
- Incitatif québécois à l'épargne-études – Normes d'interface de données (you can also request the courtesy translation of this publication, SW-208-T);
- Incitatif québécois à l'épargne-études – Opération et connectivité de l'interface des données (you can also request the courtesy translation of this publication, SW-209-T);
- Québec Education Savings Incentive: Notice of Appointment of a Mandatary (TP-890.15-V) (a trustee must use this form to appoint its mandatary);
- Québec Education Savings Incentive: Transfer Between Registered Education Savings Plans (RESP) (TP-1029.8.IQ-V).
- Send the duly completed and signed French version of the agreement (SW-12 or SW-13) to the email address mentioned in step 1 (above) so we can ensure that the agreement complies with our requirements.
If the head office of the trustee is outside Québec, you can also ask us to include an English version of the agreement with the French version that we send you. Note that both the French and the English version must be signed in such cases.
- Once we have contacted you to confirm that the agreement submitted is valid, print out and send us two copies of the French version of the agreement by registered mail (if your head office is outside Québec, you can also include two copies of the English version of the agreement if you wish). One of the copies of the French version of the agreement (along with a copy of the English version of the agreement, if applicable) will be returned to you once it has been signed by a representative of the Minister of Revenue. Send the paper copies of the agreement to the following address:
Direction de l'évolution des processus relatifs aux programmes sociofiscaux
3800, rue de Marly, secteur 3-2-2
Québec (Québec) G1X 4A5
- Duly complete form LM-5-V and form SW-35-V (do not date the forms unless the agreement has already been signed by a representative of the Minister of Revenue) and email them to the address mentioned in step 1 (above) so we can ensure that the documents comply with our requirements. Also duly complete form TP-890.15-V and email it to the same address.
- Once we have confirmed with you that forms LM-5-V, SW-35-V and TP-890.15-V are valid, send us the forms by registered mail at the address mentioned in step 3.
Note that any person you designate to go through the process to obtain certification for a product in the QESI field of activity must register as a Revenu Québec partner by following the process for registering as a product development partner.
For more information, email us at DGPIQEE@revenuquebec.ca, the address reserved for promoters, trustees and mandataries.
See the list of documents for partners for the latest version of documents applicable to your field of activity, such as:
- technical guides required to develop or adapt your products;
- guides that you can use when carrying out tests;
- calendar showing the availability of the draft and final versions of forms, to help you plan your work;
- the forms that may be reproduced or developed as draft or final versions.