RQConf_PartnerLoginUrl RQConf_CheckUrl

The Charter of the French language and its regulations govern the consultation of English-language content.

Support Payments You Receive

We pay your support payments on the 1st and 16th of each month. The payments will generally be for the same amount, unless an event occurs that results in a change to the amount (e.g. partial payment of arrears, failure to pay by the payer of support, reimbursement of a payment advance). 

The payments are made by cheque or can be deposited directly into your account at a financial institution. To set up direct deposit, you can:

  • use the online service in My Account for individuals (click your name or the icon in the menu); or
  • complete form PPZ-109-V, Request for Direct Deposit of Support Payments.
Note Is your contact information up to date?

Inform us quickly if your address or banking information has changed. This will ensure you get your support payments and all support-related information on time.

If you receive your support payments by cheque, keep the address in your file up to date. 

If you opted for direct deposit for your support payments, inform us as soon as possible of any change to your banking information so we can make the necessary adjustments. 

End of note


You may receive your support payments later than you should as the result of a longer than expected processing time. When this happens, we may advance an amount of support to you, although we are not required to do so.

Situations in which we cannot pay advances

We cannot pay you advances in the following situations:

  • The payer of support cannot be located or has no income.
  • The payer of support did not make the required payments and we have sent them a demand for payment.
  • The security provided by the payer of support has been used to pay you support.
  • You or the payer of support does not live in Québec.
  • You owe us an amount under the Act to facilitate the payment of support.
  • Your support is remitted to the Ministère de l'Emploi et de la Solidarité sociale because you receive last-resort financial assistance (social assistance) payments.

We can only advance actual support payments. We cannot advance payments of arrears.

Note important

If the support or the arrears are reduced or cancelled, you may have to repay any advances you received.

If you have to repay an overpayment, see Overpayment of Support.

End of note

Unpaid support payments

If we do not receive the support payment from the payer of support, we cannot pay you. If this happens, we will take the necessary steps to recover the amount owing. However, if you have information that could help us take care of the situation (e.g. the name and address of the payer's employer or a list of the payer's seizable property), let us know through My Account or write to us by secure email.

Note End of note

One mission. Concrete actions.

Read all about how we work to support and inform you. Our vision and values guide us as we carry out our role.

Veuillez patienter