The Charter of the French language and its regulations govern the consultation of English-language content.

There Is a Change in Child Custody

If there is a change in the custody of a child, you or the other parent must file an application with the Superior Court to have the support obligation modified or cancelled. Once we receive a new judgment from the court, we will modify or close your file, if applicable. In the meantime, the terms of the current judgment will continue to apply.

Please note that a judgment handed down by the Youth Division of the Court of Québec can set child custody but not support.


We recommend you consult a legal advisor for information on how to file an application to vary or cancel support.

End of note
Note End of note

One mission. Concrete actions.

Read all about how we work to support and inform you. Our vision and values guide us as we carry out our role.

Veuillez patienter