If you are not satisfied with how your file was handled or with the services you received, you can request that the Bureau de la protection des droits de la clientèle intervene.
This page explains the steps to follow.
Before you contact the Bureau de la protection des droits de la clientèle, you should discuss the issue with the person in charge of your file or any another concerned party, including either person's superior, if necessary.
Be sure to explain how you would like the issue to be settled; most problems can be settled at this stage.
If you do not first try to settle the issue yourself, the Bureau de la protection des droits de la clientèle may not accept your request.
If you have discussed the issue with the appropriate party and are dissatisfied with the outcome, contact the Bureau de la protection des droits de la clientèle. Have the following information on hand:
- the names of the people you contacted;
- the date of each exchange;
- a summary of what was discussed;
- the outcome;
- any pertinent documents.
If you are not satisfied with the outcome of the discussions in step 1, you can request that the Bureau de la protection des droits de la clientèle intervene.
Their services are readily available and free of charge, even if someone is representing you. You can contact the Bureau de la protection des droits de la clientèle by phone, mail or fax, through Revenu Québec's website, or in person (by appointment).
So that they can help you as efficiently as possible, be sure to give the following information:
- your name, address and phone number (as well as those of your representative, if you have one);
- your social insurance number, user number or identification numbers (Québec enterprise number [NEQ] or tax registration numbers);
- the taxation year in question;
- a detailed description of the issue (do not leave out any details—even if they seem trivial);
- a detailed account of the steps you have already taken to settle the issue with Revenu Québec. Be sure to include the dates of any phone calls you made or received and any visits you made to Revenu Québec's offices, and the name of anyone you spoke to. Also mention any letters you sent or received;
- the outcome of the steps you have taken.
For more information, contact us.