Payment of the Solidarity Tax Credit
If you are eligible for the solidarity tax credit, we will send you a notice of determination showing the amount of your credit for the period from July 2020 to June 2021 and the information we took into consideration to calculate it.
The amount of the credit will determine how often it is paid.
|Amount of the credit||Payment frequency|
|$800 or more||Monthly (from July 2020 to June 2021)|
|More than $240 but less than $800||Quarterly (July and October 2020, and January and April 2021)|
|$240 or less||Lump-sum (July 2020)|
You will receive the payment within the first five days of each month of payment.
|Friday, July 5, 2019||Friday, January 4, 2020|
|Monday, August 5, 2019||Wednesday, February 5, 2020|
|Thursday, September 5, 2019||Thursday, March 5, 2020|
|Friday, October 4, 2019||Friday, April 3, 2020|
|Tuesday, November 5, 2019||Tuesday, May 5, 2020|
|Thursday, December 5, 2019||Friday, June 5, 2020|
|Friday, July 3, 2020||Tuesday, January 5, 2021|
|Wednesday, August 5, 2020||Friday, February 5, 2021|
|Friday, September 4, 2020||Friday, March 5, 2021|
|Monday, October 5, 2020||Thursday, April 1, 2021|
|Thursday, November 5, 2020||Wednesday, May 5, 2021|
|Friday, December 4, 2020||Friday, June 4, 2021|
As a rule, payments of the tax credit are deposited directly into your bank account. Accordingly, you must inform us of any changes to your banking information.
You can register for direct deposit in one of the following ways:
- Use the online service in My Account for individuals.
- Register online through your financial institution (if your financial institution offers this service).
- Enclose with your return a voided cheque (from an account at a financial institution that has an establishment in Canada) bearing your name and social insurance number.
- Complete a Request for Direct Deposit (form LM-3.Q-V or LM-3.M-V) and enclose it with your return (if you live closer to Québec City, file form LM-3.Q-V; if you live closer to Montréal, file form LM-3.M-V).
To stop receiving solidarity tax credit notices by mail and consent to only receiving them online, you can:
- change your communication preferences in My Account for individuals; or
- check the box provided for this purpose when you file your income tax return using authorized software.
Regardless of how you claimed your solidarity tax credit, you can use the online service in My Account for individuals for viewing a solidarity tax credit file to see the date and the amount of the last payment made by direct deposit and the notices sent to you.