Solidarity Tax Credit – Individuals
The solidarity tax credit is a refundable tax credit for low- and middle-income families.
Since it is based on your situation on December 31 of the previous year, the amount of your credit for the period from July 2021 to June 2022 will be based on your situation on December 31, 2020.
To be eligible for this credit, you must file your income tax return and meet all the applicable requirements.
For more information about the solidarity tax credit, see the following pages:
- Components of the Solidarity Tax Credit
- Eligibility for the Solidarity Tax Credit
- Claiming the Credit
- Calculation of the Credit
- Situations Limiting the Use of Solidarity Tax Credit Payments to Offset a Debt to the Government
- Changes During the Year
- Payments of the QST Component of the Solidarity Tax Credit for Recipients of Last-Resort Financial Assistance
- Payment of the Solidarity Tax Credit