RQConf_PartnerLoginUrl RQConf_CheckUrl

The Charter of the French language and its regulations govern the consultation of English-language content.

Pension from a Foreign Country – New Residents

You must include in your income the total amount of any pension you received from a foreign country after you became a resident of Canada.

If all or part of the pension is exempt from income tax under a tax treaty or an agreement concluded between the country in question and Québec or Canada, you can claim a deduction for income exempt under a tax treaty. The International Tax Services Office of the Canada Revenue Agency can provide information on tax treaties and agreements.

You must report these amounts in Canadian dollars.

Individual retirement accounts in the United States

If you received payments from an individual retirement account (IRA) in the United States or you converted your traditional IRA into a Roth IRA, contact us.

Note End of note

One mission. Concrete actions.

Read all about how we work to support and inform you. Our vision and values guide us as we carry out our role.

Veuillez patienter