Advance Payments of the Tax Credit for Childcare Expenses

Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Click Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) to see whether the measures adopted by Revenu Québec apply to the information on this page.

End of note

If you meet the requirements, you can receive advance payments of the refundable tax credit for childcare expenses and not have to wait until you file your income tax return to claim the tax credit.

Advance payments are made on a monthly basis. You will receive your payment no later than the 15th of the month. Payments are made only by direct deposit.

The number of advance payments you receive in the year depends on the date we receive your application. To receive the total amount in 12 payments, you must apply by December 1 of the year preceding the year covered by your application. If we receive your application after that date, the amount will be divided over the number of months remaining in the year after your application is processed.

View your application

Use the online service in My Account for individuals to check whether your application was accepted or see the date and amount of your last payment.

Change your application

You can also change your application using the online service in My Account for individuals. Use the service to:

  • add one or more children to your application;
  • request that advance payments be stopped for one or more children because their situation has changed (e.g. a child started attending kindergarten or subsidized daycare, you no longer meet the requirements, etc.);
  • change personal information (e.g. information about your spouse, income or education);
  • change information about the daycare (e.g. new unsubsidized daycare, new rate or change in number of attendance days).

One mission. Concrete actions.

Read all about how we work to support and inform you. Our vision and values guide us as we carry out our role.

Veuillez patienter