Tax Credit for Childcare Expenses
We are currently updating this page. In the meantime, you can refer to the guide to the income tax return (TP-1.G-V) for up-to-date information.
The tax credit for childcare expenses is one of the tax measures intended for families. The tax credit rate is based on your family income, that is, your income plus that of your spouse (if applicable).
To claim the tax credit, you must:
- meet the eligibility requirements
- file your income tax return and complete Schedule C
- Requirements for Claiming the Tax Credit for Childcare Expenses
- Childcare Expenses that Qualify for the Tax Credit
- Childcare Expenses That Do Not Qualify for the Tax Credit
- Tax Credit Rates for 2020
- Calculating the Tax Credit
- Claiming the Tax Credit for Childcare Expenses
- Advance Payments
- Relevé 24 – Frais de garde d'enfants