RQConf_PartnerLoginUrl RQConf_CheckUrl

The Charter of the French language and its regulations govern the consultation of English-language content.

Childcare Expenses that Qualify for the Tax Credit

Expenses that qualify for the tax credit include:

  • expenses paid to a daycare centre (including a home childcare provider) that does not provide subsidized childcare spaces;
  • expenses paid to a home childcare provider that offers subsidized childcare spaces, for days when no childcare services are offered (statutory holidays and vacation days);
  • expenses paid to a school daycare service provider for a pedagogical day, if the expenses incurred for that day exceed $8.95* (only the portion that exceeds $8.95 qualifies);
  • the expenses paid to a school daycare service provider for a childcare space that is not subsidized;
  • expenses paid to a preschool education centre**
  • expenses paid to a nursery school**
  • expenses paid for educational workshops for preschool children (the equivalent of a nursery school)**
  • expenses paid to a kindergarten**
  • expenses paid to a kindergarten and daycare centre**
  • expenses paid to a municipal recreation centre during school vacations (for example, expenses for a playground program)
  • expenses paid to a day camp
  • additional expenses paid for overtime care
  • expenses paid for a babysitter in the home (exceptions apply if the babysitter is a member of your family);
  • expenses for meals provided by a daycare service or camp, if these expenses are included in the cost of the services and are not billed separately
  • expenses paid to a boarding school or a camp, up to a maximum of:
    • $200 per week for an eligible child 6 or younger on December 31
    • $275 per week for an eligible child with a severe and prolonged impairment in mental or physical functions (regardless of their age)
    • $125 per week for any other eligible child over 6 years of age but under 16 during the year.

* This is the amount for the 2022-2023 school year. It is indexed every year.

** Except for the parental contribution required for a subsidized childcare space.


If your child has a subsidized childcare space and you must pay expenses in addition to the parental contribution (required for a subsidized childcare space), the additional expenses may qualify for the credit. In that case, the childcare service provider must give you an RL-24 slip supporting the expenses giving entitlement to the credit.

End of note

RL-24 slip

Keep the RL-24 slip that the childcare provider gives you in order to justify the childcare expenses you paid. Receipts are no longer accepted, except in certain cases (i.e. you paid a childcare provider outside Québec).

Note that the reduced contribution set by the government that you paid for childcare services is not covered by the tax credit.
End of note
Note End of note

One mission. Concrete actions.

Read all about how we work to support and inform you. Our vision and values guide us as we carry out our role.

Veuillez patienter