Income Tax Refunds
You should receive any refund to which you are entitled:
- within 14 working days if you file your tax return online
- within four to six weeks if you file your tax return by mail
- Since we start processing returns at the beginning of March, wait until the beginning of April before contacting us for information, even if you filed your return in January. If you file your return after March 31, wait four weeks before contacting us.
- We do not pay refunds of less than $2.
We can deposit a refund right in your account. Simply register for direct deposit. We will deposit your refund when we send you a notice of assessment, or even sooner if you requested an accelerated refund.
For more information, see Registering for Direct Deposit.
To see the status of your income tax return, you can use:
- the online service in My Account for individuals for viewing income tax return information for the current year;
- the Refund Info-Line (you must provide the amount entered on line 199 of your income tax return for the current year or your clicSÉQUR user code and password);
- our automated telephone service available at:
To learn more about interest on refunds granted under Québec tax laws, click Interest Rates on Refunds.