RQConf_PartnerLoginUrl RQConf_CheckUrl

The Charter of the French language and its regulations govern the consultation of English-language content.

Accelerated Refunds

You can ask to receive your refund even before your return is processed. However, the amount of your refund may change further to the review of your return.

You can request an accelerated refund if you meet all of the following conditions:

  • You are claiming a refund of $3,000 or less (line 474).
  • You filed an income tax return for the 2021 taxation year.
  • Your name, social insurance number and marital status have not changed since you filed your 2021 return.
  • You do not have any outstanding debts with the government under any of the laws listed at the instructions for line 474.
  • You do not have any outstanding debts under the Act to facilitate the payment of support.
  • You did not declare bankruptcy after 2021.
  • You are filing your 2022 return before May 1, 2023 (or before June 16, 2023, if you or your spouse is reporting business income).

Note that we can refuse to grant an accelerated refund.

If you receive an accelerated refund and, after a review of your return, we issue a notice of assessment with a balance due, you may have to pay interest on the balance.

Also, if you authorized us to share information about you with other government departments or agencies for the purposes of certain assistance programs (such as financial assistance for students or for childcare), it may take us longer to do so.

If you request an accelerated refund when filing your income tax return, you can consent to only receive notices of assessment online. If you do, your notice of assessment and confirmation of the amount of your accelerated refund, if applicable, will not be mailed to you. You will only be able to view them in My Account for individuals.

Note End of note
Veuillez patienter