Filing RL-1 Slips
You must file the RL-1 slip (see courtesy translation RL-1-T) in the prescribed form.
To file, you can use:
- the online services in My Account for businesses;
- software authorized by Revenu Québec for filing RL-1 slips;
- software you have developed for filing RL-1 slips that meets our requirements;
- the PDF RL-1 slip (in French only) that can be completed onscreen; or
- the paper RL-1 slip that we provide.
Note that we do not give any financial compensation to persons who provide their own RL slips.
If you are filing more than 50 RL-1 slips, you must send them to us online using:
- software authorized by Revenu Québec (in an XML file); or
- the services in My Account for businesses.
If you are filing fewer than 51 RL-1 slips, you can send them to us:
- online using software authorized by Revenu Québec (in an XML file);
- online using the services in My Account for businesses; or
- by mail, on paper (in which case, send us only copy 1 of each slip).
- If you are sending us the RL slips online, do not mail us copy 1 of the paper slips.
- Make sure you keep the slips on a technology-based medium or on paper for six years after the last taxation year to which they apply.
When you file RL-1 slips, you must also file the RL-1 summary for the year concerned. Copy 1 of the paper RL-1 slips must be enclosed with the RL-1 summary, unless you file the slips or the summary online.
For more information on filing RL slips online, see the Tax Preparers' Guide: RL Slips (ED‑425-V).