RL-1 Summary – Summary of Source Deductions and Employer Contributions
You use the RL-1 summary to compare the source deductions of income tax, Québec Pension Plan (QPP) contributions, Québec parental insurance plan (QPIP) premiums and the contribution to the health services fund with the duties you reported for the year.
You can also use it to calculate the following:
- the contribution to the health services fund;
- the contribution related to labour standards;
- the contribution to the Workforce Skills Development and Recognition Fund (WSDRF);
- the total eligible training expenditures that can be carried forward (if applicable).
When we receive your RL-1 slips and RL-1 summary, we will carry out a cursory review. If we notice that amounts reported on the RL-1 slips do not match those reported in the RL-1 summary, we will send you either a notice of assessment detailing any revised amount or one of the following forms to complete:
- Statement of Employee and Employer QPP Contributions (LMU-141-V or LMU-141.1-V);
- Statement of Québec Parental Insurance Plan Premiums (LMU-150-V);
- Statement of Employer Contributions (LMU-142-V).