RQConf_PartnerLoginUrl RQConf_CheckUrl

The Charter of the French language and its regulations govern the consultation of English-language content.

Liquidation of a Corporation or a Partnership

Consumption taxes

The liquidator of a corporation or partnership must request that we cancel the GST and QST registration. The liquidator must also request that we cancel the registration for other consumption taxes, if applicable.

If the corporation or partnership holds a permit in the fuel or tobacco sector, you must inform us of the liquidation before the corporation or partnership is liquidated by doing one of the following:

  • filing form LM-4-V, Information Update: Fuel Tax Act and Tobacco Tax Act
  • sending us a letter providing the necessary information

In addition, if the corporation holds an IFTA licence, you must request that the licence be cancelled.

Source deductions and employer contributions

Before a corporation or partnership is liquidated, it must, as an employer, make its final remittance and file the required forms by the prescribed deadlines. For more information, click You Stop Making Remittances.

In addition, the liquidator must request cancellation of the corporation's or partnership's registration for source deductions by filing form LM-1.A-V, Request for Cancellation or Variation of Registration.

Income tax – Corporations

You must file a corporation income tax return for the taxation year in which a corporation was liquidated if you are required to file a corporation income tax return for that taxation year. In addition, you are generally required to file income tax returns for the corporation until it is dissolved.

If you are not required to file a return, you can request that we cancel the corporation's registration for corporation income tax by filing form LM-1.A-V, Request for Cancellation or Variation of Registration.

Directors' liabilities

As a director of a corporation, you are liable for your actions (for example, when you distribute the corporation's property).

Partnership information return

Before a partnership is liquidated, you must file a final information return for the fiscal period ending on the date the partnership ceased its activities.

Unclaimed property

Within 30 days following the date on which the certificate of dissolution or notice of closure of liquidation is issued, the liquidator must remit any unclaimed amounts and dividends to us.

For more information on unclaimed property, click Unclaimed Property.

Registraire des entreprises

When a corporation or partnership is liquidated, you may have obligations related to the Registraire des entreprises. For more information, click Liquider ou dissoudre une entreprise.

Note End of note

One mission. Concrete actions.

Read all about how we work to support and inform you. Our vision and values guide us as we carry out our role.

Veuillez patienter