Requesting a Balance Statement or Debt Confirmation
If you are a business's mandatary or authorized person, we can provide a balance statement or debt confirmation on request. This document shows the business's balance and whether certain returns have been filed.
The document gives a portrait of the business's situation on the date we process the request. It may no longer be accurate by the time you receive it.
You might need a balance statement or debt confirmation in the following situations:
- You are refinancing a business.
- You are applying for a hypothecary or other loan.
- You are selling a business, and the buyer is doing their due diligence checks.
- Your business's property is being seized.
- You are winding up a business.
To request a balance statement or debt confirmation, contact us. You will need to provide all the following information:
- the full name, address and telephone number of the person making the request
- a description of the requested information
- form MR-69-V, Authorization to Communicate Information or Power of Attorney (if the requested document concerns someone else)
You must also give the following information about the person covered by the request:
- identification and file numbers or Québec enterprise number (NEQ)