When to Contact Us
You must contact the person in charge of the payer of support's file immediately if any of the following situations occur:
- The periodic remuneration on which you are making source deductions ceases to be paid to the person. This is the case if, for example, they begin receiving wage loss insurance, employment insurance benefits, retirement income or amounts from the Commission des norms, de l'équité, de la santé et de la sécurité du travail (CNESST), or if the person ceases to be an employee or beneficiary.
- The amounts you pay to the employee are already subject to garnishment by another creditor of support.
- After receiving a deduction notice respecting the person, you are informed that the amounts you remit to us have become subject to garnishment.
- The frequency of payments to the person changes.
- The amount on the deduction notice is greater than 50% of the gross remuneration paid to the person.
- The legal form of your business changes after the deduction notice is issued (for example, your business is sold or closed or it merges with another business).
- Your Québec enterprise number (NEQ), or any other number we use to identify you, changes.
- Your address changes.
- The contact person at your business has changed.
- You receive a notice from a trustee in bankruptcy requiring you to cease all deductions from the remuneration you pay to the person.