Filing Your Income Tax Return Online
There are two ways for you to file your own income tax return online with software authorized by Revenu Québec:
- using the software's integrated filing function (some software may not include such a function); or
- using the Online Filing of an Income Tax Return service, which is available in My Account for individuals.
When you file your income tax return online, do not send us any paper copies of the return.
2017 income tax return
- NetFile Québec is available from February 26, 2018, to January 25, 2019.
2016 income tax return
- You can file your original income tax return for the 2016 taxation year using authorized software anytime until 2020, except during a scheduled system closure (such as the one scheduled from January 19 to February 26, 2018).
You can also have a person accredited by Revenu Québec file your return. Note that accredited persons who file more than 10 income tax returns are required to file them online.
If you have an accredited person file your return online, you must authorize the person to do so using form TP-1000.TE-V, Online Filing of an Income Tax Return by an Accredited Person.
You must complete and sign two copies of the authorization form. You and the authorized person must each keep a copy of the form for a period of six years from the date on which the tax return was filed. Do not send us a copy of the form unless we ask for it.
You can get the code:
- in My Account;
- by using the Get Your Download Code online service;
- by using our automated telephone service, which is available at 418 654-9754 (Québec City area), at 514 864-3689 (Montréal area) or, toll-free, at 1 888 811-7362 (elsewhere); or
- by contacting our client services.
If you are in any of the situations described on the following pages, you must file your return by mail, not online:
Do not send us:
- your RL slips;
- your federal information slips; or
- your receipts or other supporting documents, unless we ask for them.
Note, however, that you must keep all such documents in case we ask for them.
For more information about filing your return using authorized software, see Information for Software Users: Personal Income Tax Return (IN-413.A-V).