Filing Your Income Tax Return Online
When you file your income tax return online, do not send us any paper copies of the return.
2018 income tax return
- You can file the 2018 income tax return as of February 18, 2019.
Returns from previous years
- You can file original 2016 and 2017 income tax returns using authorized software during the three-year period following the taxation year covered by the return, except during scheduled system closures (such as the one scheduled from January 26 to February 17, 2019).
Amended 2018 return
- You can file an amended 2018 return as of March 11, 2019.
You can have a person accredited by Revenu Québec file your return. Note that accredited persons who file more than 10 income tax returns are required to file them online.
Before having an accredited person file your return online, you must complete and sign two copies of the authorization form (TP-1000.TE-V, Online Filing of an Income Tax Return by an Accredited Person).You and the authorized person must each keep a copy of the form for a period of six years from the date on which the tax return was filed. Do not send us a copy unless we ask for it.
Downloading tax data
- in My Account for individuals;
- by using the Get Your Download Code online service;
- by using the automated telephone service available at:
- 418 654-9754 (Québec City area),
- 514 864-3689 (Montréal area), or
- 1 888 811-7362 (toll-free; elsewhere);
- by contacting our client services.
If you are in any of the situations described on the following pages, you must file your return by mail, not online:
Regardless of how you file your return, do not send us:
- your RL slips;
- your federal information slips (except those for income earned outside Québec); or
- your receipts and other supporting documents (unless otherwise indicated).
However, you must keep them in case we ask for them.
For more information about filing your return using authorized software, see Information for Software Users: Personal Income Tax Return (IN-413.A-V).