General Restrictions for the 2023 Taxation Year
If any of the situations below apply to you, you have to file your income tax return by mail. You cannot file it online. Be sure to enclose form TPF-1.U-V, Income Tax Return Data, which contains the two-dimensional barcode.
- Your social insurance number begins with 9, and no income tax return has been processed for you (unless you are a new resident of Canada or a foreign student).
- Instead of a social insurance number, you have a temporary identification number that begins with 0.
- You declared bankruptcy in 2023 or 2024 and have not been discharged.
- Your address is outside Québec or you were not resident in Québec on December 31, 2023, unless both of the following apply:
- You are an individual in business, you operated a business in Québec in 2023 and you were resident elsewhere in Canada on December 31, 2023.
- You are filing form TP-25-V, Income Tax Payable by an Individual Resident in Canada, Outside Québec, Who Carries On a Business in Québec, with your income tax return.
- Your only address is a P.O. box.
- You were not resident in Canada throughout 2023 (unless you are a new resident of Canada or a foreign student).
- You are requesting an income tax adjustment on line 402 of Schedule E.
- You want to file a second original income tax return for the 2023 taxation year.