Registering With Revenu Québec
If you carry on commercial activities in Québec and your business income and the business income of your associates exceeds $30,000, you must register for the GST/HST and QST. If your business income and the business income of your associates does not exceed $30,000, see Details Concerning Small Suppliers.
Depending on the nature of your business activities, other taxes and measures may also apply to you.
- Source deductions
- Corporation income tax
- Consumption taxes:
- GST/HST and QST
- Specific duty on new tires
- Tobacco tax
- Specific tax on alcoholic beverages
- Tax on lodging
- Fuel tax (if you provide interprovincial or international passenger or freight transportation services, see International Fuel Tax Agreement (IFTA))
- Tax on insurance premiums
- Municipal tax for 9-1-1 service
How to register
You can register for the GST and the QST by:
- using either of the following online services:
- Register a New Business, if you are not registered with Revenu Québec, and even if you've been operating for some time (to register for consumption taxes, source deductions, corporation income tax and clicSÉQUR), or
- the registration service available in My Account for businesses, if you are already registered with Revenu Québec (you can access the service in the Consumption Taxes section in My Account); or
- filing form LM-1-V, Application for Registration.
To help us process your file as quickly as possible, make sure you only register your business once for a given Revenu Québec file.
The Québec government Démarrer une entreprise online service guides you through the process of registering a new business with several Québec government departments and agencies, and lets you track the status of your applications for registration. Learn more…
How to track the status of your application
Our processing times are designed to provide quality service. Instead of calling us, you can track the status of your application quickly using one of the following online services, based on your situation:
- if you registered using the Register a New Business online service, use the Track the Status of an Application for Registration: New Businesses (which has your identification and file numbers as well as your GST account number, if you have one); or
- if you registered using the registration service in My Account, use either: