Registering with Revenu Québec
If you carry on commercial activities in Québec and your business income and the business income of your associates exceeds $30,000, you must register for the GST/HST and QST. If your business income and the business income of your associates does not exceed $30,000, see Details Concerning Small Suppliers.
Depending on the nature of your business activities, other taxes and measures may also apply to you.
- Source deductions
- Corporation income tax
- Consumption taxes:
- GST/HST and QST
- Specific duty on new tires
- Tobacco tax
- Specific tax on alcoholic beverages
- Tax on lodging
- Fuel tax (if you provide interprovincial or international passenger or freight transportation services, see International Fuel Tax Agreement (IFTA))
- Tax on insurance premiums
- Municipal tax for 9-1-1 service
How to register
You can register by:
- using either of the following online services:
- calling our client services;
- filing form LM-1-V, Application for Registration.
The Démarrer une entreprise online service developed by Entreprises Québec (formerly Services Québec - Entreprises) guides you through the process of registering a new business with several Québec government departments and agencies, and lets you track the status of your applications for registration. Learn more…
How to track the status of your application
You can track the status of your application using one of the following online services, based on your situation:
- if you registered using the Register a New Business online service, use the Track the Status of an Application for Registration: New Businesses (which has your identification and file numbers as well as your GST account number, if you have one); or
- if you registered using the registration service in My Account, use either:
Printing registration documents
Log in to My Account to print out your registration certificate.