Registering for Source Deductions
All new employers must register for source deductions in order to obtain their identification number.
You can register by:
- using either:
- the Register a New Business service (to register for consumption taxes, source deductions and corporation income tax), or
- if you are already registered with Revenu Québec, the online service for registering a business with Revenu Québec in My Account for businesses in the Source Deductions and Contributions section);
- calling our client services; or
- filing form LM-1-V, Application for Registration.
Even if you have no identification number when you have to remit source deductions and pay your employer contributions to us for the first time, you must make your remittance by the prescribed deadline. In such a case, we will open an account in your name and send you the form to use for the following remittance.
As a new employer, you can make quarterly remittances under certain conditions. Contact us to change your remittance frequency.
The Démarrer une entreprise online service developed by Entreprises Québec guides you in the process of registering a new business with several Québec government departments and agencies, and lets you track the status of your applications for registration. Learn more…
How to track the status of your application
You can track the status of your application using one of the following online services:
- if you registered using the Register a New Business online service, use the Track the Status of an Application for Registration: New Businesses service (which has your identification and file numbers as well as your GST account number, if you have one); or
- if you registered using the registration service in My Account, use either:
Printing registration documents
You can log in to My Account for businesses to print the registration certificate.
Cancelling your registration
You can use form LM-1.A-V, Request for Cancellation or Variation of Registration, to cancel your registration.