Registering for the Tax on Insurance Premiums
You can register for the tax on insurance premiums by:
- using either:
- the Register a New Business service (to register for consumption taxes, source deductions and corporation income tax), or
- the online service for registering a business with Revenu Québec under Consumption Taxes in My Account for businesses, if you are already registered with Revenu Québec; or
- filing form LM-1-V, Application for Registration.
The Démarrer une entreprise online service developed by Entreprises Québec (formerly Services Québec – Entreprises) guides you in the process of registering a new business with several Québec government departments and agencies, and lets you track the status of your applications for registration. Learn more…
How to track the status of your application
You can track the status of your application using one of the following online services, based on your situation:
- if you registered using the Register a New Business online service, use the Track the Status of an Application for Registration: New Businesses service (which has your identification and file numbers as well as your GST account number, if you have one); or
- if you registered using the registration service in My Account, use either:
- the service for tracking the status of a request in My Account, or
- the Status of your Request service.