RQConf_PartnerLoginUrl RQConf_CheckUrl

The Charter of the French language and its regulations govern the consultation of English-language content.

Other Administrative Formalities

Canada Revenue Agency

You may be required to open an account with the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) respecting corporate income tax or imports/exports, in which case you will be assigned a federal Business Number.

If you have employees, you will also have to open an account with the CRA for source deductions.

You can open an account with the CRA either before or after registering with Revenu Québec.


Registration for the GST is done with Revenu Québec at the same time you register for the QST.

End of note

Other agencies

Démarrer une entreprise (available in French only)

The Démarrer une entreprise online service developed by Entreprises Québec (formerly Services Québec – Entreprises) guides you in the process of registering a new business with several Québec government departments and agencies, and lets you track the status of your applications for registration. Learn more…

End of note

Depending on the nature of your business's activities, you may be required to obtain permits and licences from other agencies in order to carry out your business in Québec. The Permis et licences (PerLE) page on the Entreprises Québec website provides an online service (available in French only) that can help you identify what permits and licences may be required in order for you to comply with current regulations.

Note End of note
Veuillez patienter