RQConf_PartnerLoginUrl RQConf_CheckUrl

The Charter of the French language and its regulations govern the consultation of English-language content.

Renting Out All or Part of Your Property (House or Residential Complex)

If you earn income from renting out all or part of your house or residential complex, you must report it in your income tax return.  

To report rental income, you must keep track of your income and expenses the same as a rental property owner does.

NoteShort-term accommodations

If you offer short-term accommodations, make sure you meet the related requirements. For more information, click Short-Term Accommodations.

End of note

RL-31 slip

If you own a house or a residential complex and you rent out an eligible dwelling, you must meet the RL-31 slip obligations.

Change in use

In general, if you start renting out all or part of your house or residential complex, a change in use occurs. We consider there to be a deemed disposition (deemed sale), and you may have to report a capital gain or loss in your income tax return.

For more information, click Change in Use of a Principal Residence or Income-Producing Property.

Note End of note

One mission. Concrete actions.

Read all about how we work to support and inform you. Our vision and values guide us as we carry out our role.

Veuillez patienter