RQConf_PartnerLoginUrl RQConf_CheckUrl

The Charter of the French language and its regulations govern the consultation of English-language content.

Filing a Return and Remitting the Specific Duty on New Tires

If you file QST returns, you must file your return respecting the specific duty on new tires no later than one month after the end of your QST reporting period.

However, if you file an annual QST return, you must file a return respecting the specific duty on new tires within three months after the last day of your fiscal year.

Filing online

You can file your return respecting the specific duty on new tires online using:

  • the service for filing returns respecting the specific duty on new tires in My Account for businesses; or
  • the online payment service of a financial institution that lets you file your return and pay your balance due in the same transaction.
Filing by mail

To file your return by mail, complete form VDZ-541.49-V, Return Respecting the Specific Duty on New Tires, and mail it to us using the return envelope enclosed with the form.

Remitting the specific duty on new tires

If you collected the specific duty on new tires that you sold or leased, you must remit the amounts you collected to us.

You can remit an amount in any of the following ways:

  • If the amount to be remitted is $10,000 or more, you are required to make your payment electronically, unless electronic payment is impossible due to special circumstances.  
  • The date of receipt of a payment is the date on which we or the financial institution receives it.
End of note

Viewing returns and payment information

Log in to My Account for businesses to view all the returns you have filed, as well as your payments and your statement of account.

Penalties and interest

To avoid being charged late-filing penalties, penalties for failing to file or interest, see the remittance schedules for the specific duty on new tires for the payment deadlines.

Rectifying your situation

If you failed to fulfill your fiscal obligations or filed an incomplete or inaccurate return, you can rectify your tax situation by filing a voluntary disclosure application. By doing so, you may be able to benefit from relief in respect of the penalties and interest prescribed under fiscal legislation.

End of note
Note End of note

One mission. Concrete actions.

Read all about how we work to support and inform you. Our vision and values guide us as we carry out our role.

Veuillez patienter