Making a Correction Request
A correction request can only be made if it concerns personal information about a physical person.
You can make a correction request in one of these situations:
- You want to change information we have about you that is incorrect or incomplete, such as your:
- date of birth;
- social insurance number;
- civil status.
- You want to have information destroyed, information whose collection, disclosure or saving is not authorized by law.
Tax file or address change
If your correction request is about your tax file or access to My Account for individuals, contact our client services.
If your request is about your address, click Change of Address.
Information to provide in a correction request
All correction requests must contain at least three of the following so that we can identify you:
- your full name;
- your address;
- the number on the last notice of assessment you received;
- a daytime phone number.
Please also provide a copy of a document supporting the requested correction (passport, birth certificate, etc.).
Some personal information such as your social insurance number should never be sent by unsecured email.
How to send correction requests
All correction requests must be made in writing to the attention of Mario Jean, who is in charge of access to information.
Responsable organisationnel de l'accès à l'information
et de la protection des renseignements personnels
3800, rue de Marly, secteur 5-2-3
Québec (Québec) G1X 4A5
We have up to 20 days to respond to a correction request. However, the deadline can be extended by 10 days if needed.
Please read the information about your recourse options (in French only) on the Commission d'accès à l'information du Québec website if:
- we denied your request;
- we did not respond to your request;
- you are not satisfied with our response to your request; or
- you want more information about your recourse options and how to exercise them.
If you want to apply for a review, note that the deadline is 30 days following either the date we denied your request or our latest deadline for replying.