Making a Correction Request
A correction request can only be made if it concerns personal information about a physical person. Its subject can include:
- changes to inaccurate, incomplete or ambiguous information, such as an address, postal code or date of birth;
- the destruction of information for which the collection, disclosure or saving is not authorized by law.
All correction requests must contain at least three of the following elements, so that we can identify you:
- your full name;
- your address;
- the number on the last notice of assessment you received;
- a daytime phone number.
In addition, please provide a copy of a document supporting the requested correction.
Some personal information such as your social insurance number should never be sent by unsecured email.
All correction requests must be made to the attention of Mario Jean, who is in charge of access to information.
|Québec City||418 659-6299|
|Elsewhere||1 888 830-7747 (toll-free)|
If you call the toll-free number, dial extension 6524433 in the main menu.
Responsable organisationnel de l'accès à l'information
et de la protection des renseignements personnels
3800, rue de Marly, secteur 5-2-3
Québec (Québec) G1X 4A5
We have up to 20 days to respond to a correction request. However, the deadline can be extended by 10 days if needed.
We encourage you to read the information about your recourse options (in French only) on the Commission d'accès à l'information du Québec website if:
- we denied your request;
- we did not respond to your request;
- you are not satisfied with our response to your request; or
- you want more information about your recourse options and how to exercise them.
If you want to apply for a review, note that the deadline is 30 days following either the date we denied your request or our latest deadline for replying.