Eligible relative you supported
A person you supported for at least 365 consecutive days, 183 of which were in 2019, and who, throughout that time:
- had his or her principal place of residence in Québec;
- did not live in a dwelling situated in a private seniors' residence or in a public network facility; and
- had a severe and prolonged impairment because of which he or she needed assistance in carrying out a basic activity of daily living, as certified by a physician or specialized nurse practitioner.
In addition, the person must have been at least 18 years old at some point while you supported them in 2019.
- your or your spouse's father, mother, grandfather or grandmother, or any other of your or your spouse's direct ascendants;
- your or your spouse's child, grandchild, nephew, niece, brother or sister; or
- your or your spouse's uncle, aunt, great-uncle or great-aunt.