Tax Obligations of Moving Companies

If you use the services of a moving company, you are entitled to request an invoice.

The GST/HST and the QST apply to a supply of moving services. The amounts of tax collected must be remitted to the tax authorities. As a result, the supplier of moving services is required to be registered with Revenu Québec. Note that a business that is considered a small supplier (that is, a business whose total annual taxable sales do not exceed $30,000) is not required to collect and remit these tax amounts and is therefore not required to register with Revenu Québec.

To help foster voluntary respect of tax obligations, ask the company with which you are doing business for its QST registration number. You can then use the Validation of a QST Registration Number online service to verify the validity of the number.

Fair. For all.

One vision. Concrete actions.

Read all about how we work to support and inform you. Our vision and values guide us as we carry out our role.

Veuillez patienter