RL-24 Summary: Childcare Expenses
This form must be completed by persons required to file RL-24 slips respecting amounts received for childcare services. It also gives instructions on filing RL-24 slips.
Follow the steps below to file an RL-24 slip for every individual (usually a parent) who paid childcare expenses.
Step 1 – Complete the RL-24 slip.
Use one of the following to complete the RL-24 slip:
- Revenu Québec authorized software that you purchased;
- the fillable form (PDF); or
- a paper slip you can order through our online service or by contacting our client services.
To find out what amounts must be entered in each of the boxes on the slip, see the instructions on the RL-24 summary.
Step 2 – Send us a copy of the RL-24 slip.
To send us the RL-24 slip online (in an XML file) using authorized software, you must have a transmitter number (“NP” followed by 6 digits). To get one, file a Transmitter Registration Form (ED-430-V).
To mail us the paper RL-24 slip, address your envelope to:
- 3800, rue de Marly, Québec (Québec) G1X 4A5; or
- C. P. 3000, succursale Place-Desjardins, Montréal (Québec) H5B 1A4.
Step 3 – Complete the RL-24 summary and mail it to us.
Step 4 – Give a copy of the RL-24 slip to the parent who paid the childcare expenses.