Additional Deduction for Transportation Costs of Small and Medium-Sized Manufacturing Businesses (courtesy translation)
Form CO-156.TR must be completed for any corporation that wishes to claim the additional deduction for transportation costs of small and medium-sized manufacturing businesses in the calculation of its net income for its taxation year.
To qualify for the deduction, the corporation must, in particular, meet the following conditions:
- It is a Canadian-controlled private corporation throughout its taxation year.
- The proportion of its manufacturing and processing activities for its taxation year is more than 25%.
- Its paid-up capital used to calculate the small business deduction (SBD) for the taxation year is less than:
- $15 million, if the corporation's taxation year begins before April 7, 2022,
- $50 million, if the corporation's taxation year begins after April 6, 2022;
- The major portion of its manufacturing activities was carried out in a special remote area, a remote area an intermediate area or a central area.
In compliance with our language policy, the official version of this document is in French only. To access it, click français.
The courtesy translation of this document is available below for information purposes only.