Qualified Property (Also Referred to as “Ecological Gifts”)
Property that meets the following two conditions:
- It is:
- land in Québec or bordering on Québec,
- a real servitude encumbering all or a portion of land in Québec or bordering on Québec, or
- a personal servitude running for at least 100 years and encumbering all or a portion of land in Québec or bordering on Québec;
- It has an undeniable ecological value in the opinion of the Ministère du Développement durable, de l'Environnement et de la Lutte contre les changements climatiques.
- If the qualified property is a personal servitude, the gift must have been made after March 21, 2017.
- A gift of qualified property entitles the donor to a tax benefit if the gift is made to a qualified donee.
- For the purposes of a gift of qualified property, a qualified donee is a registered charity (except a private foundation, if the gift is made after March 21, 2017) one of whose primary missions is the conservation of Québec's or Canada's ecological heritage.