Specific Tax on Alcoholic Beverages

If you carry on activities in the alcoholic beverages industry in Québec, your obligations include the following:

  • the specific tax on alcoholic beverages;
  • the GST;
  • the QST.

Your activities determine what your obligations are.

Obligations related to the specific tax on alcoholic beverages
ObligationRetail vendor (retailer)Collection officer
Register for the GST and the QSTYesYes
Collect the specific taxYesYes
Report and remit the specific taxYesYes

Fair. For all.

One vision. Concrete actions.

Read all about how we work to support and inform you. Our vision and values guide us as we carry out our role.

Veuillez patienter