Advance Payments of the Work Premium Tax Credits
If you meet the eligibility requirements for the work premium tax credits, you can apply for advance payments instead of waiting until you file your income tax return to apply for the credits.
To receive advance payments of the work premium or adapted work premium, you must:
- expect to receive an amount for the year you are applying for that is greater than:
- $500 if you have a dependent child,
- $300 if you do not have a dependent child;
- be registered for direct deposit (see Direct Deposit for ways to register).
Advance payments are made on a monthly basis. You will receive your payment no later than the 15th of the month.
The number of advance payments you receive in the year depends on the date we receive your application.
To receive 12 payments, you must apply by December 1 of the year preceding the year covered by your application. If we receive your application after that date, the amount you are entitled to will be divided over the number of months remaining in the year after your application is processed.
- We may reject your application for advance payments if, when we receive your application, you have yet to file your income tax return for a previous year for which you or your spouse received advance payments.
- We may stop or suspend your advance payments if you have not filed your income tax return for a previous year for which you received advance payments.
Click Amount of the Work Premium Tax Credits to find out how much you could receive.