Tax Credit for Caregivers
You can claim a refundable tax credit for caregivers if you are in one of the following situations:
- You are the caregiver of your elderly spouse who is unable to live alone.
- You provide housing for an eligible relative.
- You live with an eligible relative who is unable to live alone.
To claim the tax credit, you must meet certain conditions, including both of the following:
- You were resident in Québec on December 31 in the year covered by the claim.
- No one, other than your spouse, is claiming any of the following with respect to you:
For more information, see the pages dealing with each of the conditions or consult point 2 in the instructions for line 462 in the guide to the income tax return (TP-1.G-V).