Tax Credit for Caregivers
You can claim a refundable tax credit for caregivers if you are in one of the following situations:
- took care of your spouse, a senior who was unable to live alone;
- housed an eligible relative;
- cohabited with an eligible relative who was unable to live alone; or
- supported an eligible relative whom you regularly and continuously assisted in carrying out a basic activity of daily living
To claim the tax credit, you must meet certain conditions, including both of the following:
- You were resident in Québec on December 31 in the year covered by the claim.
- No one, other than your spouse, is claiming any of the following with respect to you:
For more information, see the pages dealing with each of the conditions or refer to point 2 in the instructions for line 462 in the guide to the income tax return (TP-1.G-V).