RQConf_PartnerLoginUrl RQConf_CheckUrl

The Charter of the French language and its regulations govern the consultation of English-language content.

Caregiver Living With a Person (Not Their Spouse) 70 or Over Without an Impairment (Part D of Schedule H)

You may be able to claim a $1,383 tax credit if you meet the following conditions:

  • You lived with a care receiver (not your spouse) 70 or over without an impairment.
  • You lived with the care receiver in a dwelling of which you, your spouse (if they also lived with you), the care receiver or the care receiver's spouse (if they also lived with you) was an owner, tenant or subtenant.
  • You lived with the care receiver for at least 365 consecutive days, including at least 183 days in 2023.
  • The care receiver lived in Canada the entire time you lived with them.

If you are claiming the credit for more than two care receivers, enclose form TP-1029.8.61.64-V, Tax Credit for Caregivers, with Schedule H of your income tax return.


You must not have lived with the care receiver in a private seniors' residence or public network facility.

End of note

For more information, see the instructions for point 2 of line 462 in the guide to the income tax return (TP-1.G-V).

Note End of note

One mission. Concrete actions.

Read all about how we work to support and inform you. Our vision and values guide us as we carry out our role.

Veuillez patienter