Shelter Allowance Application
Complete this form if you want to receive (or continue receiving) the shelter allowance for the period from October 1, 2023, to September 30, 2024.
To check the eligibility requirements and see which documents you'll need to send, read pages 3 and 4 of the form.
Make sure you complete and sign your application. We will return it if it is not signed.
You may have to provide the following forms with your application:
- Statement of Rent – 2023 (LEZ-14-V), if you rent a room, apartment or house, if you live with someone you pay rent to or if you live in a mobile home on rented land;
- Request for Direct Deposit (LM-3-V), if you want to sign up for direct deposit.
You must inform us right away if, between the time you submit your application and September 30, 2024:
- You move into subsidized housing.
- You and your spouse separate.
- You leave Québec or return to Québec to live.
- You are confined to a prison or similar institution or are released.