RQConf_PartnerLoginUrl RQConf_CheckUrl

The Charter of the French language and its regulations govern the consultation of English-language content.

Income Earned Outside Québec

Special rules apply if you were no longer resident in Québec on December 31 or if you were resident in Québec on that date but were not resident in Canada for the entire year.

You must report your income from all sources for the year. On your tax return, you must report all income earned outside Québec (both elsewhere in Canada and outside the country). Such income includes the following:

  • employment income
  • business income
  • property income (e.g., rent and interest income)
  • retirement income
  • Employment Insurance benefits

Tax credit and deduction

Click Deduction for Income Exempt Under a Tax Treaty for more information about income earned outside Québec.

You can also click Foreign Tax Credit to find out if you are eligible for a tax credit for your foreign income.

Note End of note

One mission. Concrete actions.

Read all about how we work to support and inform you. Our vision and values guide us as we carry out our role.

Veuillez patienter