Salary Deferral Arrangements
If you have a salary deferral arrangement with an employee and, under the arrangement, you defer payment of a portion of the salary or wages earned in the year to another year, the total salary or wages the employee earned in the year (including the deferred salary or wages ) is subject to the following in the current year (not in the year they are paid):
- source deductions of income tax;
- Québec Pension Plan (QPP) contributions;
- Québec parental insurance plan (QPIP) premiums;
- the contribution to the health services fund;
- the contribution related to labour standards;
- the contribution to the Workforce Skills Development and Recognition Fund (WSDRF) (if applicable).
The total salary and wages the employee earned in the year (including the deferred salary or wages) must be included in your total payroll used to calculate your health services fund contribution rate and your participation in workforce skills development.