BENEFITS FOR EVERYONE
Having a receipt gives you options if something goes wrong.
Encouraging good tax practices promotes healthy competition between businesses. And that leads to better products and customer service.
Taxes fund the social programs and public services that we all use.
WHEN YOU SHOULD ASK FOR A RECEIPT?
Every time! Whether it's for big or small renos or even maintenance work, get a receipt.
Kitchen renos, bathroom renos, landscaping, painting, roofing, plumbing, etc.
The underground economy in Québec continues to wither, shrinking by more than $219,000,000 from 2017 to 2018.Note 1
1. Statistics Canada. Provincial-Territorial Underground Economy Estimates 2014 to 2018
- Get a receipt every time you pay for a service.
- Make sure your contractor has a This link will open in a new tab.licence from the Régie du bâtiment du Québec.
- Sign a contract. They usually have the contractor's GST/HST and QST registration numbers on them
- Pay by cheque or by credit or debit card so you have a record of your payment.