Limits and Rates Related to the QPP for 2015
The limits and rates related to the Québec Pension Plan (QPP) for 2015 are as follows:
- The maximum pensionable earnings have been increased from $52,500 to $53,600.
- The basic exemption is $3,500.
- The maximum contributory earnings have been increased from $49,000 to $50,100.
- The contribution rate has been increased from 5.175% to 5.25% for both employers and employees.
- The maximum employee contribution has been increased from $2,535.75 to $2,630.25.
- The maximum employer contribution has been increased from $2,535.75 per employee to $2,630.25 per employee.
- The contribution rate for self-employed persons has been increased from 10.35% to 10.50%.
- The maximum contribution for a self-employed person has been increased from $5,071.50 to $5,260.50.