Limits and Rates Related to the QPP for 2014
The limits and rates related to the Québec Pension Plan (QPP) for 2014 are as follows:
- The maximum pensionable earnings have been increased from $51,100 to $52,500.
- The basic exemption is $3,500.
- The maximum contributory earnings have been increased from $47,600 to $49,000.
- The contribution rate has been increased from 5.10% to 5.175% for both employers and employees.
- The maximum employee contribution has been increased from $2,427.60 to $2,535.75.
- The maximum employer contribution has been increased from $2,427.60 per employee to $2,535.75 per employee.
- The contribution rate for self-employed persons has been increased from 10.20% to 10.35%.
- The maximum contribution for a self-employed person has been increased from $4,855.20 to $5,071.50.