Limits and Rates Related to the QPP for 2013
The limits and rates related to the Québec Pension Plan (QPP) for 2013 are as follows:
- The maximum pensionable earnings have been increased from $50,100 to $51,100.
- The basic exemption is $3,500.
- The maximum contributory earnings have been increased from $46,600 to $47,600.
- The contribution rate has been increased from 5.025% to 5.10% for both employers and employees.
- The maximum employee contribution has been increased from $2,341.65 to $2,427.60.
- The maximum employer contribution has been increased from $2,341.65 per employee to $2,427.60 per employee.
- The contribution rate for self-employed persons has been increased from 10.05% to 10.20%.
- The maximum contribution for a self-employed person has been increased from $4,683.30 to $4,855.20.