Limits and Rates Related to the QPP for 2012
The limits and rates related to the Québec Pension Plan (QPP) for 2012 are as follows:
- The maximum pensionable earnings have been increased from $48,300 to $50,100.
- The basic exemption is $3,500.
- The maximum contributory earnings have been increased from $44,800 to $46,600.
- The contribution rate has been increased from 4.95% to 5.025% for both employers and employees.
- The maximum employee contribution has been increased from $2,217.60 to $2,341.65.
- The maximum employer contribution has been increased from $2,217.60 per employee to $2,341.65 per employee.
- The contribution rate for self-employed persons has been increased from 9.9% to 10.05%.
- The maximum contribution for a self-employed person has been increased from $4,435.20 to $4,683.30.