Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Click Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) to see whether the measures adopted by Revenu Québec apply to the information on this page.


Contribution Paid by the Employee to a Private Health Services Plan (Group Insurance Plan)

A tax credit for medical expenses may be claimed on the income tax return of an employee, a former employee or a retired employee who paid a contribution (or premium) to a private health services plan (group insurance plan) to cover, for example, medical or dental costs.

To indicate on an employee's RL-1 slip (RL-1) the amounts that he or she paid to such a plan, enter 235 in one of the blank boxes in the centre of the slip, followed by the amount or, in the empty space in the centre of the slip, write "Premium paid to a private health services plan" (or "Prime versée à un régime privé d'assurance maladie"), followed by the amount. This entry is optional.However, if you do not provide this information on the RL-1 slip, an employee may ask you for supporting documents. Do not include this amount in box A.

Fair. For all.

One vision. Concrete actions.

Read all about how we work to support and inform you. Our vision and values guide us as we carry out our role.

Veuillez patienter