Limits and Rates Related to the QPP for 2011
The limits and rates related to the Québec Pension Plan (QPP) for 2011 are as follows:
- The maximum pensionable earnings have been increased from $47,200 to $48,300.
- The basic exemption is $3,500.
- The maximum contributory earnings have been increased from $43,700 to $44,800.
- The contribution rate is 4.95% for both employers and employees.
- The maximum employee contribution has been increased from $2,163.15 to $2,217.60.
- The maximum employer contribution has been increased from $2,163.15 per employee to $2,217.60 per employee.
- The contribution rate for self-employed persons is 9.9%.
- The maximum contribution for a self-employed person has been increased from $4,326.30 to $4,435.20.