Published | Category : Source deductions and contributions
Limits and Rates Related to the QPIP for 2018
The limits and rates related to the Québec parental insurance plan (QPIP) for 2018 are as follows:
- The maximum insurable earnings have been increased from $72,500 to $74,000.
- The qualifying threshold remains $2,000.
- The employee contribution rate remains 0.548%.
- The employer contribution rate remains 0.767%.
- The maximum employee contribution has been increased from $397.30 to $405.52.
- The maximum employer contribution has been increased $556.08 per employee to $567.58 per employee.
- The contribution rate for self-employed persons and persons responsible for a family-type resource or an intermediate resource remains 0.973%.
- The maximum contribution for a self-employed person or a person responsible for a family-type resource or an intermediate resource has been increased from $705.43 to $720.02.