Published | Category : Source deductions and contributions
Limits and Rates Related to the QPIP for 2017
The limits and rates related to the Québec parental insurance plan (QPIP) for 2017 are as follows:
- The maximum insurable earnings have been increased from $71,500 to $72,500.
- The qualifying threshold remains $2,000.
- The employee contribution rate remains 0.548%.
- The employer contribution rate remains 0.767%.
- The maximum employee contribution has been increased from $391.82 to $397.30.
- The maximum employer contribution has been increased $548.41 per employee to $556.08 per employee.
- The contribution rate for self-employed persons and persons responsible for a family-type resource or an intermediate resource remains 0.973%.
- The maximum contribution for a self-employed person or a person responsible for a family-type resource or an intermediate resource has been increased from $695.70 to $705.43.