Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Click Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) to see whether the measures adopted by Revenu Québec apply to the information on this page.


Use of Referees, Scorekeepers and Evening Staff by Sports Centres and Operators of Sports Facilities

If you pay referees, scorekeepers or evening staff (whether self-employed or employees) for sports activities, you may be able to deduct those payments from your income as business expenses.

If the referee, scorekeeper or evening staff member is self-employed, you could be entitled to input tax credits (ITCs) and input tax refunds (ITRs) for taxable services the person provides, if he or she is a registered supplier.

However, if you are the employer of a referee, scorekeeper or evening staff member, you must make source deductions on the person's salary or wages and pay employer contributions. You must also issue your employee an RL-1 slip.

Both the self-employed person and employee must report the income.

For more information on determining whether someone is an employee or self-employed, refer to document IN-301-V, Employee or Self-Employed Person?

Fair. For all.

One vision. Concrete actions.

Read all about how we work to support and inform you. Our vision and values guide us as we carry out our role.

Veuillez patienter